Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Oct 6 - Rockclimbing

Today we went rockclimbing. My first time ever, Rachel's 5 time and Dean's countless time. Our Chaing Mai, tour guide "T" hooked us up with a friend, Soeng. He took us to Mae On to rockclimb on the mountain. We went to one area where their was some easier 5B climbs. I know that 5B is the grade of the mountain and if you need ropes to climb. It was fun, a total adrendaline rush and at times, not knowing where to put your feet or hands and other times just going for it and hoping for the best. I know from Dean that you need to use your legs more than your arms and Soeng also told me that get a good feet hold and stand up so that's what i did. Dean says i did amazing for a first time climber. I did 2 1/2 climbs. The last climb i got stuck and gave up, Dean tried to tell me to keep going but i was tired and didn't feel like getting around that part of the mountain. Must say, i love rock climbing. Got to try to beilay (spelling??) that was fun but so tough and made my neck sore, cause i kept looking up at Rachel when she was climbing, finally dean told me feel the tension of the rope when it goes slack then make it taught (tight, how ever you spell that)

Today in Bangkok, needed to overnight cause we picked up Dean Visa this morning and our train doesn't leave till 555 to take us part of way to Siem Reap. Rachel and Dean have warned me that internet connection in Siem Reap might be slow so i might not be posting for a week or so. I've updated some pics to the flickr account today but haven't uploaded that many because of the slow computers i have found today. Will try to upload more in Bali, or you will just have to wait to see more pics.

3 comments:

bada bing said...

Just a note to readers...to see Alison's pics that she uploaded to Flickr, click on Flckr on the right side of this blog then click on Asia Adventures and you can also view them in full screen slideshow...........very, very nice!

DONNA

Anonymous said...

FINALLY got a chance to look at your pics, they are AWESOME,my fav pic of you thus far is the shot with the tigers! Jim also got caught up tonight on ALL your blogs, says he hopes your having a blast, if we dont see another post before Monday..... Happy Thanksgiving Korpess's!

Dave said...

Hi Alison / Dean! It's Dave here in Regina SK and I have my sister and mom down for the weekend to celebrate thanksgiving at my place. Took my mom and Sheri to the Rider game on Saturday (oct 10th) and they beat the Argos 32-22 but man was it COLD!! temperature was probably -2 celcius by the time the game was over. Happy birthday to the deanimal!! 30 and going strong... Anyways thanks for the updates on your blog - great to hear what you guys are up to on your trip! Hope you have a good time with the rest of your travels.