Monday, October 01, 2007

My name is Chicken

Last Tuesday, I went out for drinks with an old high school friend. We met with some of his coworkers. His coworkers were all over 45 7 not really attractive so i didn't have eyecandy at the table. I noticed that the lounge had a lot of guys but not really good looking guys, expect for the table right behind us. In front of me i guess is more the correct term. I was in perfect eye range to see this guy. He was nicely toned, cute, well dressed. I think he was around 20-25, which is a little young for my liking. But still I had been checking him out all night. Then as the night dragged on and i was getting tired of not understanding the table conversation(talking about work...mechanic this & that) i decide 10:00 sounds like a good time to leave, right before i announce i'm leaving i was drawn to the cute guy table. I notice that his friend has left the table and he is actually looking at me. There was a tv behind me but it was higher than my head by a foot or half foot. Ok so i rule that out he's actually looking at me. I then make eye contact but of course look away immediately. Oh the shyness in me (I have to overcome that). Then I look over again and he is still looking at me. Well, silly me instead of sitting there a couple more minutes and actually flirting I decide i need to go. It would have only taken a little bit but i chickened out. So I get up to leave, the guys I’m with offer to pay for my drinks I look back at the table to thank them but I couldn’t get my eyes to veer off to the left to see if the guy was checking me out. Then the hopeless romantic in me thinks maybe he’ll follow me out the lounge. Well if I would have flirted more than maybe he would have. Oh, at least i'm starting to see the signs when a guy is flirting, i usually don't see them at all. This leads into my second post.....

1 comment:

FitGirl said...

You were so getting checked out! You should have at least waved to him. I think guys like little signals like that... I think most guys are so afraid of rejection they need an obvious sign that you are interested!

Oh well... there's always the next time :)