Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I got the bug

After tonight's meeting, i have been busy like a beaver. Very unlike me as lately i've been lazy/procrastinating since end of August. So since 9:00 i have done the dishes, made homemade chai tea, watched "pushing up daises", while looking through craft box for construction paper & glue and making a label for my new weekly pill containers. Cleaned the bedroom from clothes thrown on the floor. listened to the news, while doing nightly cleanup routine, tided the apt from things on floor. Started a new to do list, Started a slopitch to do list. Right now i'm writing another blog @ 12:26 - might have something to do with the 2 glasses of chai tea (made with black tea)

I must say i feel excited and revved up. I went to my first Relay for Life meeting tonight with all the committee members. Yesterday, SaM (possible co-chair) myself and ST (co-chair) with ML(staff at CSS - Canadian Cancer Society) had a meeting to determine if SaM and myself wanted to be co-chairs for the 2008 relay. We both decided to do it. Yesterday i was a little hesitant but agreed to be co-chair as i didn't know exactly what it will entail. We were both asked to go to a summit this weekend - basically a knowledge weekend with speakers on how to improve your Relay for Life. I was able to attend, and i will bring back my knowledge along with ST and ML for the rest of the committee. I am also the chair of a subcommittee - Volunteers. I will be liasoning with all subcommittees & organizing volunteers into time slots. I'm excited i must say i have some ideas of how i will organize myself and my possible team and excited for this opportunity to raise awareness and funds for the Cancer Society.

Last year, i volunteered at the Relay for life and on June 2007 i wrote a post about it - you will notice that i was in the tent most the night and got to be understand the RFL that night. Hence why i already have plans for this year.

(Sorry i don't know how to link back to my archives yet) still lots to learn with this blogger.

2 comments:

FitGirl said...

Wow, you sound super busy with your new venture! You are very good at keeping the team spirit up though, so I think this won't feel like work to you at all!

Hope you have fun at the summit!

FitGirl said...

To find out the URL to your post, click on your archives (on the left of your Blog) June2007... then find the post you want and click on the time when you posted it (for this post it was 8:11pm)
Here's the link:
rainbowannie789.blogspot.com/2007/06/relay-for-life.html

Add this as a link in your post!

Good Luck!!!