Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sunday Dec 10

Sorry i have neglected blogger again. Sorry Raven, i will try to update this blog more. Quite the cliffhanger hey??

Well Sunday morning, i was driving downtown when the radio station was cutting in and out. What? i change the station and realize it's not only the station. It looks like the check engine light that is lite is not a simple broken fuse. I proceed to turn off the radio and the heat and hope to make it to my destination. As i'm stopped at the only red light i encounter, the car is wanting to stall, i use the right foot for the brake and the left to inject more fuel in the hopes of not stalling. No luck, there i stall. I try starting the car, no power, i don't even have emergency lights. Then starts the now what thinking. Do i get out of the car and phone somewhere or do i stay in the car in the middle of the road and call from my cellphone. Silly me, decides to stay with the car in the middle of the road, i proceed to call my Dad....now he lives 700 kms away how can he help. He know that he can't really help but he proceeds to try to calm me down. For some reason i turn all girlie and the tears start flowing. I know it's really nothing, the car has no power should be no big deal but i'm a crying mess. I finally call the tow truck and proceed to call a coworker to find where to take the car. He suggests Canadian Tire, alright that's where we go. The tow truck was there in less than 5 minutes and i seemed to stop crying by then. We go to CT, i need to stand in line to make my car appointment. Probably 20 mins in line. Then get the car booked in and as for shuttle service, "i'm sorry no shuttle service on Sunday" Oh my. Now what? I proceed to call a taxi. Takes the taxi forever to arrive.

Then i get home, about an hour passes and CT calls. The Alternative is toast and needs a new one. He quotes the cost of repairs and parts. Oh my, okay do it i say. Costly but what can i do.

I phoned another coworker that lives in the area to drive me to and from the Kids Christmas Party. As you know i have no kids but i did volunteer to help out. Turns out because we came on-time she didn't need my help at all. Well i get free bowling and a couple pieces pizza. As i helped clean up the room after the presents opening and the families are exiting i then notice the coworker is nowhere in sight. Good thing another coworker had gratuitously offered to drive me as he was driving right by. Then i realize he was driving me to CT, we weren't communicating at the bowling alley really well. Since we were there he tells me to i check out when the car might be ready. Might be ready at 6:00. Check my watch it's only 3:30. I then ask for a ride home. No problem the coworker says. As we drive out of CT we are immediately behind my coworker that forgot me. What are the odds, i should have called her cell and told her to look in the rearview mirror. But i don't think she would have answered the cell anyways.

I get a phonecall around 530 the coworker that drove me to the bowling alley finally realized that she forgot to take me back home. I told her if i needed the ride i would have called her cell. We laughed and asked for a ride to work, i didn't think CT would be finished and sure enough i was right.

In my driving years, i haven't been without a car or access to a car. It is strange/annoying to have to rely on friends/coworkers. I'm glad i was only without my car for a day.

The bill was outragous. Glad visa decided to increase my limit. Crazy thing is i usually immediately decrease my limit once they up it. I don't want the room for the debt to get higher. I decided not decrease the limit until after Christmas, now i'm glad i did. Now to start paying that thing off.

Rainbowannie
Sorry if i lost some of you with this long post

3 comments:

islandarts said...

What did you decide on with the Ipod????>?????
Sorry to hear about the car!! OH gosh girl- do I have car trouble stories for you... just think, commuting from Leduc to Fortsaskatchewan (an hour drive) at midnight.... car falling apart on the highway.
It was a long night that night.

S Q L Y said...

Dear RA
We all have some Power outages to tell u about, once at Waukua I think its spelt wrong ( 35mi s of PA) Our car's battery Decieded to die... it was no lights all the way back to PA ---no cell phones then but we survived.. hope your fine now.
unk Al

FitGirl said...

Awe... Poor you! I have never had a terrible car mishap like that, I hate feeling stranded! I'm glad you have friends and co-workers that are willing to help you though! That's important!

Hopefully paying this off won't take too long!