Saturday, June 17, 2006

New things

Tommorrow, i am attending my first celebration at the Centre for Positive Living. It is a peacecentre and i hope that it will be the place i am searching for. Ever since leaving my hometown i have trying to study in solitude with books and some practice. But never did stick with it and learn more. I think having like-minded people around would help me with this journey. They have a mediation from 10:30 to 10:45 and then followed by the celebration at 11:00...oh i know i'll be nervous, just meeting new people does that to me. I get really tonge-tied and my shyness steps up.

Wish me luck and not to be too nervous. I really didn't go to church as a child. We were confirmed and baptised Roman Catholic but Mom's mantra was "if it was meant to be it will be" I have lived and speak that saying a lot, well i try to live the mantra not always successfully. I'm a little confused as to what to wear, do i dress up or go in Jeans...i think i might do a combo of both jeans with a suit jacket.

If you like to find out more about the centre here is the link>>>Peacecenters.org

Rainbowannie

2 comments:

islandarts said...

I hope it's what you are looking for,
The saying I've adopted as I've gotten older is this:
Spiritual people inspire me.
Religious people Frighten me.

FitGirl said...

Jenny, I like your saying! It's SOOO true!

I hope you have a fantastic time at the PeaceCenter! SOunds like it could be really good for you! Let us know how it goes!