Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Details of Accident 1

If you have been following my blogs, you will know i switched cable providers to Shaw. Well after the weekend of bad reception on the new cable box, i phoned to get the cable guy back and fix it. Well seeing as my week was rush, rush busy i planned it for a Tuesday afternoon. Seeing as i work close to work i asked them to call me first and i will meet them at my place. So, Tuesday afternoon i get the phonecall, off i go no dillydalling. Well i arrive to my apt and find the shaw van waiting at the front doors. K, now i'm getting excited i don't want the van to drive off so what do i do. (Note: In front of my parking stall is two parking baracades). I step over the first baracade and then going over the second i decide to start jogging, only my sandal didn't clear the second baracade, now i had no feet on the ground and down i go. Right onto the cement. I braced myself with knees and arms. But the fall hurts a lot and i get the wind knocked out of me. So i end up turning onto my back, finally when i think i can move i roll over and start to get up. As i'm doing this the cable van is backing out of its parking spot. Apparently he didn't see anything happen at all, granted i was to the right rear of his van. Noticed the window rolled down, so i start yelling, that didn't get his attention. Off he drives, my knees are bleeding, hands are cut up, fully body is aching, i'm almost crying and fricking mad cause the stupid cable guy did not wait long enough. (all i needed was another min)

Can you believe after 2 1/2 years of living in this apt i have only had onemajor fall over the baracade.
I'll take pics tonight of the scene cause i don't think the accident synopsis is adequate.

Rainbowannie
Pics of accident 2 to follow it's feels so wierd. The blister dried up but still has not burst.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Gator (i'm giggling as I picture your wipe out), not that I don't feel your pain, its just the picture you painted with your words was so descript that I found humour there. The frustration of the cableguy backing out as you lay sprawled on the pavement. I'm sorry. My poor kluzy friend.....(I also picture you quite dolled up for work, which make the image that much more amusing FROM THE OUTSIDE). I see you haven't changed. Luv ya girl!!! Hope you heal nicely and that it didn't hurt too much!!!!!

islandarts said...

I would have called the cable company asap and took a strip off of them. Especially if I was bleeding.

Good gawd, i hope you are feeling alright!

FitGirl said...

What luck! That sucks!!!

I hope you called the cable company and told them your story... hopefully the get your cable fixed up toute suite! And I hope you heal up quickly too! I would have been in tears too... Booo!

S Q L Y said...

That is so friggin painfull and I have had my share of them too,
I hape you have fully recover to old soccer days shape, I spill never hurt then !!
Lets face it the cable guy was a Idiot and can't tell time either !
S Q L Y

bada bing said...

And........where are the pics darling? Any of the weekend?