Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Little bit here, little bit there




Tonight i decided to try to use up the frozen bananas i have in my deepfreeze. I used a prepackaged muffin mix and added the bananas with some butterscotch chips. They look good, taste not bad but not great enough to share. The first one i bite into had a clump of muffin mix and then the next bite was mostly banana. I really need to purchase an electric mixer. These things just would not happen.

Wouldn't you know, me and the HR Manager think the same some days. Today i arrived with Cinnamon Buns (from Husky Bakery), Yummy they are the best....i degress and guess what so did my boss (HR Manager). This is the second time we have purchased food to share with everyone on the same day. Couple weeks ago we did it with Tim Hortons. Except i got donut holes and he got muffins. Man we go over board too...we only have three ppl in our immediate space. We do share with the rest of admin too.

I posted on my other blog. Interesting stuff...shin splints and cable. Check it out.

3 comments:

bada bing said...

The electric mixer isn't the answer, it's the mixer. lol I know you aren't supposed to overmix muffins but I like to make sure that all the ingredients are mixed together. Besides, how long has it been since you baked? Don't worry about it, we all have flops!

FitGirl said...

LOL, I love how you described eating the first muffin... one bite of muffin mix, one bite all banana. Sounds like you bake like ME! HAHA!!! I have the worst baking luck EVER!

I leave it to the experts at Safeway and CO-OP now! That's what they PAY them for! HAHA

Better luck next time!

islandarts said...

If ou want a great banana bread/muffin recipe- visit Suz's temptations blog... her banana bread recipe is TO DIE FOR. seriously.

An electric mixer is a neccessity. I have one but never use it because if I start baking I'll start eating it all (not good for my ass size).