Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm Here

Arrived in Bangkok last night, Dean and Rachel meet me at the airport. I snuck up on them as they were searching the wrong gate cause i needed to walk to the meeting place in the airport. The airplane was good, i liked my seats on the 11 hour flight to Seoul, but the 5 hour flight to Bangkok was okay but i hurt my neck as i slept and forgot the neck pillow. The guy beside me was a spending machine by purchasing on the Sky shop - Duty free items to purchase on the plane. The heat is hot, very humid. Woke up very early with my neck sore, i really need to get used to this, no contour pillow. Finally Dean and Rachel awake and we go for breakfast. We have a American breakfast - eggs bacon and toast. Dean tells me it's a good breakfast for Thailand as most places can't do eggs or the toast is white and dry. I just got out cash and amazed at the amount that my bank account shows.

Dean tells me it's my day....a day that i call the shots of what to do. Well the shopping list is huge, Mom your purse is too small, i can't hold everything i want. I need a dress/saragon cause i want out of these shorts already and it's not even 11:30am yet.

We are staying on Khao San Road which is a hum of vendors...i thought it was busy last night i was wrong there are so many people, so many smells, can't walk a block with a new smell, food vendors, cd vendors, lots of bank atm's, taxi's and tuk tuks.
Constant people asking to take you somewhere or to give you a piece of paper/advertisement.

So today i think, we are going for a massage, trying to get my shopping list done and whatever else hits our fancy.

Sunday night we start our train journey to Chaing Mai.

Well that's it for now, post later.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Hey, the purse wasn't meant for a shopping bag you know? It was to carry your cards and small stuff. lol. Maybe you need your personal tuk tuk to carry all your purchases. How was the massage and how much in Canadian approx. was it?

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you arrived safe and sound, good luck with the shopping spree and have a great massage!......Mamma Bear!